Friday, January 2, 2009

What's with the new glut of WWII movies? Also, New Year updated.

I am at Beth's place while she's off doing s bit of work to keep the world's cancers at bay. I decided to check out some more movie reviews to kill time as I have been amiss in keeping up with these lately. Defiance, Good, Valkyrie, The Boy In the Striped Pajamas...is there anything out besides movies about WWII and the Nazis right now? Is this just the release for Oscar season because nothing stirs award-giving sentiment like concentration camps? Is there anything really left to say about this period? It all sounds like boring rehash to me, save the trailer I saw for Valkyrie, which looked like one of the lost Grindhouse trailers. I hate the way these all release in waves so there's never much of any difference playing.

Anyway, blah, blah, Northwest's customer service isn't receiving calls today on the first day that they are open due to high call volume. So, odds are they fucked me out of New Year's Eve and I'll never even get to yell at anyone over it. Grrr...

No comments: