Thursday, December 11, 2008

Making ugly sweaters sexy (not really but trying way too hard)


Thanks to the ever reliable Yahoo! news (for digging to the very bottom) I saw this today:



Yes, hipster douchiness covered in a very thin layer of trying-too-hard-to-be-sexy. Christ, look at some of these names, Pitching Tents in Pointy Places, Polar (Bear) Express to my Pants, Checkout My Package and my personal favorite, The Glory Hole. Gross. This is worse than Spencer's Gifts at holiday time. And before you question this (everyone does) yes, Spencer's is still in every mall and also online now. Wearing something like this ironically still means you paid money for it. But that's possible sadder than buying something like this at Wal-Mart (cheaper) with the delusion that it looks good. Still ugly, still a bad choice. I probably would have found the whole project more palatable, truthfully, if it weren't so pitifully tarted up. Case in point, the main page picture of the Playboy bunny sweater, which is not sold on the site as far as my two searches were able to turn up. Happy holidays!

No comments: